29 May 2012

Yet another new blog!

Yes, another one. Those of you who have been following me for a while will know that I originally started out on Blogger, before moving my entire blog to Wordpress. Then I created a separate blog to focus on reading and reviews, which has been a little neglected thanks to work and other things getting in the way of my reading time lately. And now I have this blog. Why?

Because Wordpress annoys me.

That's not to say it's not a good blog site, because it is - it's just not for me. Wordpress just couldn't do what I wanted it to, or at least not as easily as Blogger can. The restrictions on javascript certainly didn't help either. I'm not a massive javascript user, but I like to have that choice. You might have noticed I have a lovely front page for my site now. If not, go check it out by clicking the home button on the navbar at the top. It's like I have an actual site now, and not just a blog. Still lots of work to be done, but I'll be adding to it steadily over the coming months. Anyway, I'll be using this blog for quick posts, such as announcements about my writing and upcoming releases, personal achievements or just a quick rant about something that really irritated me.

On that note, I do have a personal achievement to list today. For those that don't know, I'm taking part in the C25K program with the aim of being able to run 5km after 9 weeks. Well, yesterday I completed my second run and am still able to walk today - I was limping slightly from muscle pains for four days after the first run, so this is certainly a big improvement.

I've set myself a goal that by the end of August I want to be in shape, and hopefully able to see my stomach muscles. That would be very nice, yes? I think so. I'll let you all know how it's going over the months, and those of you at Brighton in September and GRL in October will get to see the results of my training. Feel free to drop by and leave me some encouragment.

Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis