27 Jan 2013

January Update

Been a while since I posted, as usual. You may have noticed by now that I'm not exactly a hardcore blogger. I've decided to do a monthly post, wherein I talk about how my writing is going, and what I'm up to. So, without further ado, here's January in a nutshell.

If you've been to the site before, you probably noticed that I've been doing some more work on it. Previously I had a black background, which meant using light grey text. That wasn't the easiest colour combination to read as it could strain the eyes a little if I posted more than a few paragraphs, although it was a hell of a lot better than white text on black. There's still a lot I plan to do, including finishing the section for Mik and Ash, which is currently empty. I'm also planning on adding a section for my photoshop work. I'm sure most of you have seen the manipulations I did at the end of last year featuring Josh and Sam. Well, I plan to continue working on my photoshop skills, and hopefully I'll have lots of cool pictures to add on here. Also need to design a banner as I'm just using the one that came with the blog template at the moment. Haven't came up with any ideas yet though.

Speaking of Josh and Sam, I finally came up with a new title for their book last week. 'No Angel' was submitted to a publisher on the 23rd of January. I can't believe it's not even been a week yet, and it already feels like forever. There's this queasy feeling in my stomach when I think about the fact that my baby is in someone else's hands right now. Will they like it? What if they hate it? Six to eight weeks, they say it might take to get an answer. Hopefully the outcome is a favorable one. If not, I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

In the meantime though, I have a stack of story ideas that I wanna get to writing. Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day for me to get anywhere near as much done as I'd like. Give me a seventy-two hour day, and then we might be getting somewhere. Right now I'm busy working on the collaboration between myself and Ethan Stone, a short zombie story that will be featuring in an anthology with some of the hottest guys in M/M Romance. And we're talking, Geoff Knight, Ethan Day, TJ Klune and Eric Arvin. Can't tell you how excited I am to be included in that.

Also, some of you will be pleased to know that I have started work on the third Daeva book. I'm still trying to straighten out the plot and get it all jotted down, but I'm aiming to have the book out in time for Atlanta. With any luck, I'll have the paperbacks ready by then as well. Just added some new ideas to my scribblings, including the comeback of several characters from the first book. Katiya will be making a reappearance, as will a couple of others who shall remain nameless for now. *evil laugh* What? Like you didn't expect some teasing.

What else? Oh, yes, I'm now officially registered for the UK GLBTQ meet in Manchester. I'm so looking forward to this one as I've yet to visit (C)anal Street.  It's going to be so much fun! And, of course, I'll get to meet up with all the guys (and girls... mostly girls) from last year. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe this time we will have that spanking demonstration as well. *winks*


1 comments:

Aniko Laczko said...

Tease! Okay, yeah, not that surprised about that, lol. You've been busy this month!

Post a Comment

ShareThis