19 May 2013

Update on Daeva Book 3

I have an announcement for you all. There's some good news and some bad news, unfortunately. Originally I had scheduled to get Daeva 3 out for October when we all go to GRL, but I've had a change in plans and I just wanted to communicate to this to you guys.

To cut a long story short, I'm in a bit of a slump with the story right now. I could force myself to write more of it, but I think the best thing I could do at this point in time is to simply move onto something else while I find some inspiration for where I want the story to go. I feel like if I continue with it now it's not going to be as good as it could be, you know? And I'm not the type of person to just half-arse something and put it out there when it doesn't feel right. I'm sure you'll all understand, but there is some good news.

As mentioned, I'm going to be focusing my efforts elsewhere in the meantime, in the hopes of getting a shorter book out later this year. I found myself reading what I'd written so far for Slasherazzi, and I had this feeling that this was the book I should be working on. I can't really explain it, but I'm just going to go with it and see what happens. All I know is that for now, I'm writing and seem to be out of my creative slump. That can only be a good thing.

I've got a couple of options lined up for what I want to do with Slasherazzi once I've got the book written. There are a couple of publishers I'd like to query with it, though I wonder if the scenes from the killer's POV are perhaps a little graphic for a publisher to want to take it on. Particularly one of the later ones. But hey, I can always give it a try. Who knows? It may not be as bad as I'm imagining it to be.

So, that's all I really wanted to say for now. I'm excited to be writing again at a decent pace, and hopefully I'll be working on Daeva 3 again before too long. 'No Angel' edits should be arriving within the next couple of months, and the scheduled release date for that is before GRL, so it's gonna be a busy time. Watch out for more news on that closer to October.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis